We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The food problem of children, which many parents complain about, gradually becomes a weapon that the child uses against their parents. Knowing that his family is sensitive to eating, the child can learn to have all his wishes done with the promise of food. Memorial Ataşehir Hospital Department of Pediatrics Uz. Dr. Gökçe Günbey Elemen, He gave information about the duties of parents to give children the habit of eating.
Don't be stubborn with your child
Stubbornness with your child about eating may cause the problem to worsen. Because your child, who sees your extreme sensitivity to eating, learns that he can fulfill all his desires by eating over time. This situation causes serious communication problems between the family and the child.
Your education level affects your child's nutrition
Similar behaviors are observed in children of mothers who have no appetite and who choose to eat. Again, while the uniformity in nutrition negatively affects the nutrition of the child, the education level of the mother and the fact that she works have a positive effect on the nutrition of the child.
Remember the word ”The tree bends when it is age”
People who cannot develop healthy eating behavior in childhood may have various nutritional problems in later years. Nutrition is a natural need for every living thing. The realization of this need in a pleasant and happy environment starting from infancy plays a role in the development of nutritional behavior that will affect the whole life of the child. Parents', the caregiver's way of eating at the table, the conversation and behavior during the meal play an important role in helping children acquire the right eating habit.
Pay attention to them to give your child the correct feeding habit!
• Serve food portions not according to your own size; prepare according to your child's own needs and age. Do not force your child to eat more than necessary.
• Give your child enough time to eat; however, this period should not exceed half an hour.
• Children may become overly addicted to food from time to time, while rejecting another. You should know that this is a temporary process and after a while you should try the food that you have never eaten in a different way.
• Prepare food in a way that is easy for children to consume. Little sliced carrots, cucumbers, small shaped meatballs, pastry, inspired by cartoon heroes, cookies, cakes, such as children can make a fun meal.
• Eating in groups with their own peers, especially encouraging children who choose to try different tastes
• Children imitate what they see, not what is told. Therefore, people responsible for the care of the child, such as parents and caregivers, should pay attention to their own feeding behavior.
• Children may refuse to eat certain food groups. For example, a child may not be offered milk in a different way. (Yogurt, a milky dessert, cheese, fruity milk, etc.). For a child who does not eat vegetables, vegetables can be given in a meatball, pastry or pasta, making it more fun for him.
• A child who doesn't want to eat meat can be supported by giving them protein, eggs or dried legumes.
• If you do not want to eat bread, pasta, potatoes, bulgur, such as other cereal foods should be supported with the calories.
• Foods of different taste, color and variety should be prepared taking into consideration the priorities of the child in the choice of food. It should be remembered that an infinite number of nutrient combinations can be made to ensure healthy nutrition.
Mothers should be creative about food and make meal times fun for the child. Care should be taken to ensure that all family members participate in the meal hours, have useful conversations, and have a pleasant time with the child.