We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Almost every parent complains that their children do not eat me Rejecting or choosing to eat is very common, especially around 2 years of age. But the main reason for this situation is that the child uses this situation as a weapon against parents rather than being anorexia.
Memorial Ataşehir Hospital Department of Pediatrics Uz. Dr. Gokce Gunbey, during this period gave information about what parents should pay attention.
Stubborn Enlarges the Problem
In this case, persistence with the child will lead to an increase in the problem. Seeing the family's extreme sensitivity to eating, the child learns that they can fulfill all their desires by eating over time and this leads to serious communication problems between the family and the child.
If this period is not passed well, problems will be seen in the future
People who cannot develop healthy eating behavior in childhood may have various nutritional problems in later years. Nutrition is a natural need for every living thing. The realization of this need in a pleasant and happy environment starting from infancy plays a role in the development of nutritional behavior that will affect the whole life of the child. Parents ', caregivers' eating at the table, their speech and behavior during the meal play an important role in helping children acquire the right eating habits.
Mother's Education Level Affects Nutrition
Similar behaviors are observed in children of mothers who have no appetite and who choose to eat. Again, while the uniformity in nutrition negatively affects the nutrition of the child, the education level of the mother and the fact that she works have a positive effect on the nutrition of the child.
The development of nutritional behavior in children begins in the womb
Feeding behavior, which is shaped by psychological and physiological changes after birth, changes in parallel with the neurological development of the baby.
Strategies to be followed in order to gain proper nutrition habits
• Food portions should be prepared according to the child's own needs and age, not according to the size of the parents. The child should not be forced to eat more than necessary.
• Allow sufficient time for the child to eat, but not more than half an hour.
• Children may become overly addicted to food from time to time, while rejecting another. You should know that this is a temporary process, and after a while you should try the food that you have never eaten in a different way.
• Foods should be prepared for children to consume easily. Small sliced carrots, cucumbers, small shaped meatballs, pastry, inspired by cartoon heroes, cookies, cakes, etc.… can make food fun for children.
• Eating in groups with their peers, especially children who choose food, can encourage different tastes.
• Children imitate what they see, not what is told. Therefore, people responsible for the care of the child, such as parents and caregivers, should pay attention to their own feeding behavior.
• Children may refuse to eat certain food groups. For example, a child who does not want to drink milk can be served in another way (yogurt, a milk dessert, cheese, fruit milk, etc.). For a child who does not eat vegetables, vegetables can be given in a meatball, pastry or pasta, making it more fun for him.
• A child who does not want to eat meat can be supplemented with protein, eggs or dried legumes.
• If you do not want to eat bread, pasta, potatoes, bulgur, such as other cereal foods should be supported with the calories.
• Foods of different taste, color and variety should be prepared taking into consideration the priorities of the child in the choice of food. It should be remembered that an infinite number of nutrient combinations can be made to ensure healthy nutrition.
Mothers should be creative about food and make meal times fun for the child. It should be ensured that the meal hours are the hours in which the whole family participates, useful conversations are made and the child has a pleasant time.