We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The only thing that worries you during a well-conceived pregnancy is the emergence of a factor that threatens your baby's health. The fear of how this will affect the course of pregnancy, whether it will lead to preterm birth or any other health problem, can cause you to fear.
Cord entanglement It is one of the most important situations that can give you these fears during pregnancy or birth. Although there are many babies born in this way, you can still have many questions that you may wonder.
What is cord entanglement, why? What are the effects on your baby and birth? Let's examine the answers together.
Cord; in public 'umbilical cord' known in medicine 'umbilical cord is the tissue that provides the connection between the placenta and the baby. Through this bond, the baby benefits from the food and oxygen in his mother's blood.
In short, it reaches everything it needs thanks to the umbilical cord. Therefore, the cord is vital in the development of the baby. However, from time to time some health problems and risky conditions related to the umbilical cord may occur. Especially the most common event is cord entanglement in the womb.
Well cord entanglement What is it?
Cord entanglement is a condition in which the umbilical cord enters one or more nodes or nodes around the neck or body of the unborn baby.
Neck cord entanglement In the event that your miniature does not get the oxygen and nutrients it needs, it may be life-threatening. In general, however, infants can tolerate such a knot or entanglement in their cords.
Tangling, knotting or engagement of the umbilical cord may not be due to a specific cause. Because the reasons for cord entanglement are not very clear. If your doctor has detected such a condition in your offspring, it can have many different causes.
- Your baby's cord length is longer than normal.
The average length of the umbilical cord, 55 with 75 cm. The umbilical ties that are longer than this length can circulate together in the uterus or into the baby's body. It is generally observed that the cord is longer than normal for births.
- Your baby is bigger than normal.
In this case, it may not have come out of a ring through which the pregnancy was beginning. Large infants have very narrow range of motion.
- Your placenta is very close to the uterine wall.
When the placenta is close to the uterine wall, the umbilical cord can stay away from the baby and stretch and tighten the entangled areas.
- Your amniotic fluid is high.
Excess amniotic fluid may cause the baby to move more easily and consequently entangle the umbilical cord.
- The uterus may be shared by more than one baby.
Again, there will be insufficient space for a baby.
Do you mind if the baby gets a cord around his head? You can watch the video on.
It is a matter of concern whether it is possible to detect cord entanglement in advance due to the risks it poses. Parents, "How to tell the cord entanglement?Cevap.
It is not possible for the expectant mother to understand such a problem on her own. Only if your pup is less mobile than usual; for example, per day 10-15 times If the movements in the uterus suddenly decreased, this number decreased to less than 10; the existence of a problem can be suspected, and a specialist can be consulted.
Entanglement and nodes in the umbilical cord are detected by ultrasonography at 36 weeks of pregnancy.
The presence of certain special conditions during pregnancy increases the likelihood of entanglement in the baby's body and neck.
These can be listed as follows:
- In multiple pregnancies such as twins and triplets, the risk of cord entanglement increases because there is not much space in the uterus and infants have limited range of motion.
- Likewise, there is this risk in large babies.
- Smoking, alcohol and substance use are among the factors that increase the risk.
- Intrauterine amniotic fluid is more than normal, which increases the likelihood.
- The proximity of the placenta to the uterine wall leads to an increased likelihood of cord pinching and entanglement.
If you experience one of these situations, stranding more likely to occur. However, these factors only increase the probability.
It doesn't necessarily mean that you're going to have this problem. Therefore, if you are having multiple pregnancies or if your mini is not too small, you should not have unnecessary worries.
The frequency of entanglement of the umbilical cord in infants, especially in terms of pregnant women is a matter of curiosity. A pregnant mother expects the possibility of such an event to happen to her little cub.
- Cord entanglement can be seen in 3 out of 10 pregnancies. So if you're pregnant, your chances of experiencing such a problem %30'Stop.
- In 2 of these 3 pregnancies, the cord is wrapped around one lap length. So %20-25 longitudinal entanglement.
- Rotation of the umbilical cord 2 rounds is an event that can be experienced in 1 of 500 pregnancies.
- This problem is more common in male infants than in female infants.
- In multiple pregnancies, the area of the infants is limited, so they are more common than normal pregnancies.
Many babies easily survive cord entanglement, which usually occurs in the early period. Amniotic fluid can move abundantly with the excess and pass through the umbilical cord and come out again. The cord may remain on the baby's neck as mobility will be limited by increasing development.
Cord entanglement in the baby The following effects may occur if:
- If the cord is wrapped around the neck and jammed, heart rhythm disorders and pulse deceleration may occur.
- Long-term cord entanglement (if the cord has tightened the baby's neck) can cause permanent damage to the baby.
- For longer periods baby loss why could it be.
The cord is not a tissue that is easily compressible due to its structure. It should be remembered that the umbilical cord must be tightened in order for these conditions to occur.
It is not always expected that this may be a serious problem if the umbilical cord is detected in the last weeks of pregnancy. However, if the baby enters the birth canal and the umbilical cord is stretched too much due to confusion, it may have some negative consequences.
Your baby will monitor your baby's heartbeat by connecting you to an NST device as the baby approaches the birth to keep it free of oxygen. If there is no risky environment and your doctor considers it appropriate, normal birth can be tried or caesarean delivery can be applied if the device has been warned and heart rate has slowed.
However, normal birth is not preferred because it is usually at risk and the cord may squeeze the baby's throat during delivery. In short cord entanglementis a decisive factor on childbirth. However, your doctor will choose the healthiest and most appropriate way of delivery for you and your baby. At this stage, it is sufficient for the mothers to maintain their composure and control the baby's movements.
You can click on the link below to learn the questions you have about your cesarean birth.
Everything you need to know about cesarean delivery: // www. / Cesarean-birth-right of every-thing-know-you-need /
You can ask your questions as comments olarak