We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
We all did it. We have insisted that he take our child and apologize after his mistake. How right is it to do this behavior? Yes, we should teach our children to apologize, but we should know that there are things we should forget about doing so.
According to experts, before the age of 7, children have difficulty in empathizing and understanding the other person's point of view and feelings. Studies have shown that children have a “self-centered düşünce mindset in the period of 2-7 years, so they always look at the events from their own perspective and find it difficult to understand the other person. When this is the case, it is not difficult to understand why children have difficulty in apologizing.
It is not fair to expect our children to apologize, even as adults often find it difficult to apologize. Apologizing also brings responsibility, and when the child apologizes, he accepts the mistake and takes responsibility. We all know it's not easy either. Children generally have a habit of not accepting the mistake they make between 2-7 years of age or throwing it on someone else. They can even throw them on friends, family members, toys, or even inanimate or non-living objects. This is the clearest example of their unwillingness to take responsibility for their mistakes.
We have to be very careful when teaching children to apologize. The most important point to consider is whether the mistake was made consciously or unconsciously. Forcing the child to apologize in cases of unconsciously thought that it was done accidentally will not make much sense, but you should ask your child to apologize consciously for mistakes. Otherwise, your child may often use “apology için to get rid of the situation. So emek apologizing olur is like a gun in a child's hand. When teaching the child to apologize, it is necessary to raise the awareness that this is a behavior to compensate for the mistake.
What can you do?
1. Be an example to your child. Apologize if necessary. If you think that apologizing is just the work of children, immediately change your thoughts and become a role model for your child. In addition, in a frustrated moment, you went to your child, who you shouted unnecessarily, and said, er I'm sorry, dear, I was a little nervous. It will not happen again. ”If you make a statement, you can observe that your child apologizes and makes any mistakes. In short, start with yourself !!!
2. Assess your child's positive behavior. Constantly focusing on your child's negative behavior and forcing him to apologize will eventually cause your child to demoralize and end his positive behavior. To avoid this, focus on as many positive behaviors as possible and ask your child to apologize where it is really necessary.
3. Excuse me. Accept this apology when your child apologizes to you. This will show your child the power to apologize as well as forgiveness is very important.
4. When your child has a problem with his or her siblings or friends, give him / her advice and guidance to understand the other party and take responsibility for their own behavior. Have your child apologize.
5. Never force your child to apologize. Tell him what the other party feels and just let him understand.
Contact Idil directly