We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Kindergarten education is a very important process that supports children's cognitive, emotional and social development. It is a step in which the child begins to know the outside world after the family environment in which he trusts. Understanding social boundaries and observational learning is experienced strongly. The kindergarten process, in which all these learning processes are recognized, is also a test of the mother's relationship with the child. Safe and satisfied mother-child relationship is only affected by this process as short-term adjustment pains. A child who has grown up in a foster family will also be reluctant to be responsible for their needs and development. Play groups that go before kindergarten will facilitate this transition.
How do you relieve stress on the first day in kindergarten?
Every child who starts school does not show the same reaction. Since the concept of time and distance doesn't fit in the kindergarten children, their first concern is in this direction.
- How far from my house?
- Will my mother pick me up?
- I don't know these kids.
- Who do I tell my needs, do they help?
- The house was an unregulated place. It's boring to do everything by rule.
As the child will learn the answers to these questions by experiencing them, their concerns are high. Staying in school for 1-2 hours on the first day, showing the mother what time she will get over the clock, introducing the teacher and telling her how to ask for help can reduce the problems. It may also be useful to sit in a place where the child can see for the first few days and not to leave.
If a child who has not been to school before has more than 10 days of adaptation problems that do not diminish, attending kindergarten should be stopped. Because the child is not ready to go to school yet. It may be difficult to return to school after a long holiday in children who have previously attended kindergarten, but since the school is a familiar place, the anxiety can be overcome in a shorter time. Without compromising, the child should be allowed to move to and from the kindergarten in the old order and the child should not be allowed to stay at home.
Being indifferent or overly interested in the child delays the emotional and cognitive development of the child but makes it inevitable for him to experience learning and adaptation problems.
Points to be considered:
- The fact that the mother accompanies the child during the adaptation process does not mean that she will always stay at school. Pay attention to the messages given to the child in this direction.
- Make sure the distress is understood and reflect this to the child with words and behavior. It should be stated that this is a problem that can be overcome.
- Parents' trust in school and teachers is to help their child feel comfortable.
- In the evening in the home environment, many questions about the school should not be asked. If he wants to tell, he should rest carefully.
- When choosing pre-school institutions, the child should also get the idea and accompany these visits.
• Children who experience severe distress should stay less in the first days of school. Experiences such as lunch or service should be postponed to later days.