We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
I don't recommend it because it's not safe. A microwave oven heats unevenly, basically from the inside out, so it's possible that the formula could be very hot in the middle of the bottle but barely lukewarm on the outside where you can feel it. To avoid burning your baby's mouth it's safer to heat a bottle under warm running water, or by setting it in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes (make sure the plastic is cool before giving it to your baby).
If you're looking for a short cut, consider giving your baby cold or room temperature formula. There's no harm in it, and it can help make the transition to cows' milk easier since most parents offer milk straight from the refrigerator.
And if you can't resist the temptation of the microwave, heat the bottle for only a few seconds (just enough to make it slightly warm), and then shake it well to distribute the heat.